About the JRC Data Catalogue
The Joint Research Centre (JRC) is the European Commission's in-house science service which employs scientists to carry out research in order to provide independent scientific advice and support to policies of the European Union.
A dedicated JRC Data Policy was prepared to complement the JRC Policy on Open Access to Scientific Publications and Supporting Guidance, and to promote open access to research data in the context of Horizon 2020. Important policy commitments and the relevant regulatory basis within the European Union and the European Commission include the following documents:
- Commission Decision on the reuse of Commission documents (2011/833/EU)
- Commission Communication on better access to scientific information (COM/2012/0401 final)
- Commission Communication on a reinforced European research area partnership for excellence and growth (COM/2012/0392 final)
- Commission Recommendation on access to and preservation of scientific information (2012/417/EU)
- EU implementation of the G8 Open Data Charter (2013)
In this catalogue, you can find an inventory of data produced by the JRC in accordance with the JRC Data Policy. The content is continuously updated and shall not be seen as a complete inventory of JRC data. Currently, the inventory describes only a small subset of JRC data.